– The crisp morning air when I start walking before the sun is up.
– The group of strangers I meet on the trail who become my “Camino Family” and soon know as much about me as my friends.
– Walking over the “Hospitales” route with my brother Dave.
– The distant yellow arrow that shows me the way when I feel like I have lost the trail.
– The warm smile and “Buen Camino!” from local elders who have spent their lives watching scruffy people with packs walk through their town.
– The warmth of the sun’s first rays on my shoulder.
– A “communal dinner” at an albergue where all languages and races find a place to share their Camino stories.
– The hot shower after a hard day’s walk.
– To walk into a cafe and see everyone talking to each other eye-to-eye and no one staring into their cell phone. (This actually never happens if there are pilgrims in the cafe.)
– The rolling green hills of Galicia.
1 thought on “A Few of my Favourite Camino Things”
Nice to see all your high points listed! Look forward to discussing your highlights in more detail when you return.
Comments are closed.